Director of Student Support Services
Purpose: to oversee all programs related to all special services for students who are the responsibility of the St. Johnsbury School District, accountable directly to the Superintendent and the St. Johnsbury School Board
Primary function: provide direction, assistance, and supervision to all faculty and staff providing special services to students who qualify, ensuring compliance with all laws and regulations as well as alignment with current best practices
1) Special education compliance:
2) IDEA-B grants;
3) Special education teachers – evaluations/programs/professional development;
4) Special ed paraeducators;
5) 504 procedures/compliance;
6) Homeless designation/vouchers;
7) OT/SLP/PT evaluator;
8) Out-of-District placements;
9) Medicaid: billing, generating revenue, and expenditure;
10) SEER; (Report to State)
11) High school students;
12) ESL/ELL Programming;
13) EEI grant re: 3-year-olds;
14) Psychologist/Home-School Coord.;
15) Kindergarten and Pre-K transition classes – summer;
16) Paper work/reports pertaining to Pre-K.
1) Paraeducator professional development;
2) Substitutes – emergency placements when short;
3) Truancy for special ed students;
4) Assignment of office/classroom spaces for special education programs;
5) Special Ed. Residency;
6) Summer School.
Purpose: to oversee all fiscal functions and services of the St. Johnsbury School District, accountable directly to the Superintendent and the St. Johnsbury School Board
Primary Function: responsible for maintaining accurate financial records, provide timely and accurate information to the School District, the State, and Federal entities, ensuring compliance with all laws and regulations
To oversee and supervise the functions of the business office, including but not limited to budget preparation, payroll, accounts payable, and contract costs, and to serve as a member of the administrative team to provide guidance in all fiscal matters.
1) Supervise District Business Office procedures and personnel;
2) Financial controls;
3) Financial reports: SEER, grants, Department of Education, Department of Labor, etc.
4) Financial procedures: forms, flow of responsibility;
5) Final budget preparation;
6) Contract preparation and control.
1) Special ed service plan with Director of Student Support Services;
2) CFP/SIG grants with Superintendent;
3) Budget preparation with all administrators;
4) Staff placement, hiring, firing, leaves with all administrators;
5) Purchase orders and all purchases with all administrators;